In this fast-paced society we live in, medical professionals are driven to provide the best care and medicines possible to those people with disabilities who would be unable to function otherwise. As more people are discovering and being diagnosed with disorders and impairments, it is important to know the proper steps to take to create the ability to function, work and engage in social activities. The social security disability list of impairments lists multiple disorders that are cause for filing disability claims, and here are 10 of the most common.
1. Anxiety as a mental disorder is an excessive, uncontrollable worry that stems from irrational reasoning. Through panic attacks or lack of concentration, it can affect a person to the point of not being able to work.
2. Migraines are frequent headaches which, depending on the duration and intensity of their occurrence, can put a person out of commission, especially if they occur daily.
3. PTSD, or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, can be a cause for a disability claim
depending on the persons’ consistent and severe physical reactions due to the unexpected arising of their disorder’s symptoms.
4. COPD, or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, strongly affects ones breathing and ability to function in an active job. Having medical records of the history of the disease can be used to file a claim for this disorder.
5. Diabetes patients’ different levels of functioning depend on their tendency to fatigue easily and perform daily activities.
6. Epilepsy is a seizure disorder that has 2 types eligible for disability: convulsive, occurring on average once a month, and non-convulsive, occurring more than once a week, affecting the daily work schedule.
7. Arthritis can cause swelling and joint pain, and due to the severity of it can hinder simple activities, making them nearly impossible to perform painlessly.
8. Depression can cause loss of interest in activities, decreased energy, and feelings of worthlessness for continual periods of time, affecting morale and motivation in the work environment.
9. Asthma is a physical disorder than can result in multiple bouts of asthma attacks in a year to the extent that physical intervention is needed, including overnight hospital stays.
10. Chronic heart failure patients may develop cardiac enlargement that result in the lack of ability to carry out physical tasks.
Many people today are being treated for their mental or physical disabilities. As it is important to help provide the attention and care that is needed for everyone in our society and to give the best treatment possible, the social security disability list of impairments can give insight as to how those who struggle with any one of these or other disabilities can find help and support.